We have an opening for a part-time Teaching Artist Assistant-Visual Art. We are seeking someone to assist our Teaching Artists that are placed in schools through partnership with MPS.
||Internship – Visual Arts – Teaching Artist Assistant
Requirements and/or Preferences
|Visual Arts – Teaching Artist Assistant
-Provide at least 15-25 hours per week of assisting teaching artist in class.
-Assist in lesson planning, assist in setting student goals, records instructional time and submit or perform samples of student work as requested.
-Contact program director for additional assistance or materials, whenever needed.
-Report to scheduled class in a timely reliable manner.
-Clearly communicate with participants and on-site staff.
-Help provide a warm, friendly and supportive atmosphere to students
-Maintain on-going communication with teaching artist and program director throughout the workshop/contract period.
-Maintain a complete legible update attendance and assignment record
-Act as spokesperson for organization at times.
– Assist with Visual Arts Programming and activities/events
– Help develop and maintain ongoing relationships between the schools and community students.
– Help schedule and conduct on-site regular elementary, middle and high school visits as assigned and needed.
– Attend (Program Committee Meetings) and other program related activities
– Help coordinate recruiting efforts with program directors and executive director
– Help arrange and conduct program visits for prospective students and/or parents, high school, Counselors and other administration.
– Assist in coordination of special recruiting days (as necessary).
– Assist with enrollment activities.
– Assist program directors with promotional activities.
– Assist program directors in identification of special population students.
– Assist program directors in identification of nontraditional students
Other duties as assigned.
-Ability to teach and structure a class for youth. At least 2 yrs experience in recruiting students for a youth community based organization.
-Exceptional knowledge of the field (dance, visual art, theatre, music)
-The person who accepts this position must feel comfortable in a wide variety of situations involving diverse groups of children.
-Must be at least 18 years old.
-Ability to interact and communicate well with children.
-Record keeping and ability to communicate orally and in writing
-Demonstrate traits such as patience, commitment, responsibility, optimism, motivated, dependable, leadership and must have a caring and positive attitude toward children.
-Proactive, self-disciplined and responsible
-Pleasant, must have an outgoing personality and well presented
-Great Communications Skills
Reports To Program Director, Myesha Cole
We ask that you commit hours needed and days needed to specific job duties posted
-Attend one orientation session
-Participate in a review sessions (in person or by phone)
-Photo I.D. (must)
Time Commitment/Schedule: This is part-time position. Travel is required.
This is a college Internship.
Application Instructions: Please send your resume and cover letter to:
firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the position posted on MilwaukeeJobs.com: Internship – Visual Arts – Teaching Artist Assistant