Wednesday, November 20, 2019
5:30PM – 7:30PM
…Because practice makes perfect!
Our teaching artist, Daniel Cha, will guide you through drawing from a still life. A still life is an arrangement of objects to be used as a subject of a drawing. Join us for a free workshop to help practice and improve your drawing skills.
All Skill Levels Welcome
Ages 16 and up
This drawing session will allow you to practice techniques to improve the following:
- Shape and Form
- Shading, Value and Tone
- Sighting and Measuring
Please bring any drawing materials you would like to use. Here are some recommended supplies:
- Charcoal sticks (Willow, Vine, or Nitram are fine)
- Charcoal Pencils (2B, 4B, 6B)
- Sharpener for Charcoal Pencil
- Kneaded Eraser
- Compressed charcoal sticks (Hard, Soft, and Extra Soft)
- Drawing Pad (No larger than 16×20 and no smaller than 9×12) (Would recommend 11×14 for standard)
- Drawing Board
*Some basic supplies are available.