- Be at least 16 years of age (unless the hiring organization indicates that the position is open to students who are 15 years of age or older)
- Be a high school equivalent student
- Be a resident of the City of Milwaukee OR currently enrolled in a MPS high school
- It is preferred, but not required, that individuals qualify for free or reduced school lunch.
- Read the position descriptions (available in late March) to identify which opportunities are of interest.
- Complete and send the following application materials to the organization(s) you are interested in working with:
- Arts Internship Student Application Form (available in late March).
- A letter of interest stating why you want the internship and what you have to offer the organization.
- A list of 1-3 professional references (teacher, mentor coach, etc.; not family members or friends).
- Any other information requested by the organization.
- If an organization is interested in you, they will contact you directly to set up an interview.
Dance Production Assistant Intern:
The Dance Production Assistant Intern will assist the production staff and dance department with coordinating TBEY’s annual summer dance production. The intern will also provide support for the youth performers. Students who are interested in the performing arts should apply. Students will learn about all aspects of producing a dance productions. Schedule: 8:00am-5:00pm (1 hour lunch) on Monday’s, Wednesday’s, and Friday’s from June 13th – August 20. Note: June 6th – 10th – Initial Training – 4:00pm-7:00pm.
Summer Arts Camp Assistant Intern:
TBEY is looking for an individual who is responsible, enthusiastic, and passionate about the arts. The summer arts camp assistant will work with youth participants during our camp sessions and assist teaching artist staff in the classrooms and program staff with planning activities during the 9 week summer sessions. Schedule: 8:00am- 5:00pm (1 hour lunch) on Tuesday’s and Thursday’s and 11:30am-4:30pm on Monday’s and Wednesday’s from June 13th – August 20. Note: June 6th – 10th – Initial Training – 4:00pm-7:00pm.
Open to students 15 years of age or older
June 13 – August 20, 2022