We are looking for youth dancers (ages 10-18) to join our summer dance concert, A Journey Through Dance. We are inviting dancers with performance experience and a strong background in dance to audition to join the team. Students with strong technical skill and a desire to be a part of a professional production should RSVP to reserve a spot.
Limited In-Person Auditions
TBEY is holding limited in-person auditions for A Journey Through Dance by appointment. To accommodate social distancing, auditions will be scheduled in 30 mins timeslots* for groups of three or less. Please complete the registration form to sign up for an audition time. If you’ve missed the audition dates, please contact us by calling 414-562-TBEY. There still may be space available. *Timeslots are first come, first served.
How to Prepare for Auditions
- Prepare a 1-2 minute dance routine (any genre of dance). Please have music on a CD or MP3
- Prepare a dance resume or be prepared to discuss your dance performance experiences
- Be prepared to learn 1 or 2 one minute dance routines (audition panel will choose the dance genre)
Returning Youth Dancers
Youth dancers that have performed for AJTD are welcome to join the production for 2021. Returning dancers must submit a short video audition to be considered for AJTD 2021.
Deadline to submit video is May 24th, 2021
Video Submission Guidelines
- Prepare a solo combination (any genre of dance) no more than 1 min and 30 seconds. Music must be family friendly (no profanity, vulgarity, or racial slurs)
- Check your background and surrounding space. Choose a space that is as empty as possible. Your space should be free of distractions (i.e. noisy siblings). Clear clutter before recording.
- Make sure your space is well lit and do not aim the camera towards a window.
- Make sure you are fully in the video frame for your entire performance.
Record your video horizontally or in landscape mode. If possible use a tripod to steady the camera.
- Acceptable video formats are: MOV, MP4, M4V, WMV, or other similar easily accessible format.
- State your name, grade and school name in the video.